We are looking for befriending volunteers that can give 1 – 2 hours per week to support an adult experiencing social isolation. Social isolation means that they are excluded from partaking in a variety of activities and often spend long periods of time alone without anyone to talk to.
Through visiting a person in their own home having time to listen to the person you can empower them, improve good mental wellbeing, and build confidence and self esteem. Other clients may prefer to be accompanied to a various social activities; these could include shopping, cinema, community centre’s etc.
Most important to clients is that the befriender chooses to spend time with them, rather than having to do it because it is part of their job or because they feel obliged to do as due to family obligations.
The benefits of befriending
As a Befriending Volunteer you could meet individuals to offer:
- Friendship and emotional support
- Share common interests and hobbies
- Just sit and have a chat and brighten up someone’s day
The benefits of becoming a befriending volunteer:
- You have the option to participate in a variety of workshops to assist you in your role as a befriender
- Regular contact and support from the befriending team
- A chance to learn new skills and add to your work experience
- The opportunity to meet new people and increase your own social networks
- The ability to get involved and make a difference to isolated members of your community
- Share hobbies and interests
For further information please contact either Louise or Tammy on 0121 558 0018 or 07804 832619 or email us on email@example.com.