Our ‘Caring in a Crisis’ project was funded by The National Lottery Community Fund for five years up until March 2021. Our Board’s commitment to the value of the project has prompted us to continue the project and utilise our charity’s reserves. Our project provides a holistic service to clients facing issues such as benefits, benefit appeals, homelessness, housing (re housing, poor housing or overcrowding) and much more.
Open to all Sandwell residents, appointments are offered on a personal, face-to-face basis and are held at St Albans Community Centre, five days a week.
Welfare Rights & Debt Advice
- Want to check that you are not under-claiming benefits?
- Confused about your benefits?
- Don’t know where to turn to?
- Are you struggling with Debt?
We can help. Our Welfare Rights and Debt Advice service will help you maximise your income by claiming all of the benefits you are entitled to whilst also helping you to reduce your monthly outgoings.
What we do:
- Income maximisation
- Help you with making claims for benefits
- Form filling
- Challenge incorrect decisions
- Represent at appeal hearings
- Benefit calculations
- Debt advice
- Bedroom tax
- Budgeting advice
- Fuel Debts
- Support with housing issues
- Reduce water-bills
- Assist with Eviction proceeding
- Issue food vouchers
- Help with Housing Applications
- Problem Landlords
Contact us on 0121 558 0018 to find out more about this free, confidential and impartial service or contact us by completing the electronic form. Home visits are available if you are not able to visit the office. This service will be limited due to the COVID-19 local lockdown restrictions.